What does women-specific really mean? For us, it’s shoe that is fully adapted to the morphology of your feet: a softer cuff, cradling anatomical design and lower density ADV-C Chassis for greater stability. In this mid-cut GORE-TEX version of the X-ULTRA 4, all this is backed up by waterproof protection and a grippy outsole that powers through uphills and descents, so you can explore every angle of your freedom.
Lacing system: Regular laces
Anatomical fit: Standard fit
Drop (in mm): 11
Weight (g): 370
Inlay sole: Textile /Synthetic
Upper: PU coated leather/Textile
- Improved stability: The new ADV-C Chassis targets articulations on the outer foot to optimize stability without limiting your mobility, while the higher cut provides extra ankle support.
- All-terrain grip: The Contagrip® MA outsole grabs the terrain, even when it’s wet or slippery, giving you more control especially on descents.
- Women-specific: With softer materials, especially around the collar and heel, a lower-density chassis and bigger last, this shoe is designed for women’s feet.
- Contagrip® MA is built for the widest variety of surfaces. It balances both the geometry and the rubber compound to deliver confidence on wet, dry, hard or loose surfaces, and offer long-term durability.
- ADV-C Chassis: Protecting ankle articulations on the outer foot, this chassis provides extra stability while also keeping the front of the shoe flexible for a more fluid ride.
- Active Support: These mobile wings help hold the foot in place and accompany its movement, adapting to its shape and volume.
- Chevron lugs: Lug design with deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt.
- EnergyCell: A high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation.
- PU coated leather: A polyurethane coated leather that protects it and makes it stronger to last longer.
- Water Repellent: A special treatment is applied to provide extra protection, ensuring that the fabric does not absorb water during light rain and showers.
- Mesh and textile lining: A soft, breathable lining for extreme comfort.
- Gusseted tongue: The tongue is connected to the upper on both sides, preventing debris from entering the shoe, and keeping the tongue centered.
- Protective toecap: A protective piece of rubber, leather or synthetic material over the toe area.
- SensiFit cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot.
- Protective mudguard: A wrap of leather, synthetic or rubber around the base of the foot that protects the lateral and medial sides of the foot.
- Molded OrthoLite® sockliner: Molded to match the contours of your foot, this OrthoLite® insole provides superior cushioning, as well as breathability and durability, to upgrade the comfort and performance of our footwear.
- Regular laces: Traditional lacing system with eyelets.
- GORE-TEX keeps your feet dry -from the outside as well as from the inside.
- PFC free: To help reduce our impact on the environment, no harmful PFC (Perfluorocarbons) are used to ensure the water repellency of our shoes. Our waterproof GORE-TEX models are free from PFCec (Perfluorocarbons of environmental concern) but may contain some PFC.